We love hosting school groups! Let us help you customize your visit around your envisioned itinerary and lesson plans, or let us incorporate hands-on experiences during your visit or utilize lesson plans we’ve designed to help educators prepare for their visit in the classroom, available at the bottom of this page.
Guided Tour includes :
- An exhibit about public transportation in Maine
- History in Motion covers a substantial portion of transit history in Maine and the local region. Through a series of engaging murals and physical transit memorabilia students will gain a better appreciation for what trolleys meant to people’s lives and the economy.
- A ride in an antique trolley
- The Museum’s 3.5 mile round-trip into the countryside portrays a slice of life from a century ago in a way nothing else can. A trip on our main line to Talbott Park provides the sights, sounds and sensations of a means of travel that changed life in the region and the nation forever.
- A visit to see vehicles on exhibit
- Seashore’s massive display buildings and Restoration Shop let students get up close to a wide variety of rolling stock some of which dates back to the late 19th century,
Scheduling your field trip-
School Field Trips at Seashore are available May – October with advance reservation, between 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Plan to spend up to two hours.
- Children Age 16 and under $7.00
- Chaperones and Teachers * $7.00 (*We require one chaperone or teacher for every six students.)
- The bus driver receives complimentary admission. Ample space and parking is available for school buses at the Museum.
Please contact the Finance Office to make schedule a field trip.
Available teaching materials: