Seashore Trolley Museum seeks a part-time and full-time Museum Store Associate to join our staff team. The starting pay is $16/hour (part-time) and $18/hour (full-time), and shifts are available on Tuesdays-Sundays between 9AM-6PM. The position is seasonal beginning now through December.
We are a fun, high-energy nonprofit organization, striving to create the best experience we can for our members and guests. Museum Store Associates greet all guests, process admissions and merchandise sales, and maintain the cleanliness of our Visitors Center.
- Help to maintain an orderly and attractive museum space, store, and organized stockroom by keeping merchandise filled and neatly displayed.
- Provide superior customer service, answering questions and providing relevant information. Offer resolutions to customer service issues.
- Transact sales on point-of-sale system quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Demonstrate product knowledge to assist customers in selections and promote sales.
- Offering and processing museum memberships or membership renewals.
- Counting money in the cash drawer at opening and/or closing accurately.
- Completing general housekeeping/cleaning in the Visitors Center.
- Working alongside volunteers assisting with trolley operations and special events.
The Ideal Candidate Possesses the Following:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Strong customer service skills required; ability to make each visitor feel welcome
- Punctuality and self-initiative
- Great people skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize required
- Experience in a similar retail environment preferred, but if the candidate possesses great drive with a desire to learn, we can teach you!
Museum Store Associate hours are flexible—applicants are encouraged to share availability/ideal work hours and start date in their application.
To apply, please send resume, 2-3 professional references, your availability and ideal schedule/start date to Alissa Schoff at [email protected]. No phone calls or drop ins please.
New England Electric Railway Historical Society’s Seashore Trolley Museum, located in Kennebunkport, Maine, pioneered the field of volunteer-sponsored rail preservation worldwide when it was founded in 1939. Guests are treated to rides on our heritage electric railway, aboard trolleys our talented volunteers and staff have restored to their original glory. Hundreds of transit artifacts are on display around our 350-acre campus.
Over 450 volunteers and 14 staff keep our campus running, year-round. Dozens of volunteers are on campus part-time or full-time themselves each day working in our Restoration Shop, on our Railway Operations Crew operating the trolleys for our guests, our grounds and maintenance team, crews maintaining our track, signals, and overhead infrastructure. Seashore Trolley Museum is an inspiring place to work, and we hope you consider applying to be part of our team.