Members Day and Open House at Seashore
Participate in our 2022 Members Day and Open House at Seashore on Saturday, August 20th from 9:30AM-4:30PM. Admission is free for ALL. We love our members, and this is the day we set aside to show it! It’s a great day to become a member, too!
Here is what the day has in store:
- 9AM: Donut holes available, Trolley Fare (Visitors Center)
- 9:30AM: Museum Store opens
- 9:45AM: Trolleys begin operating
- 10AM: Special behind-the-scenes Restoration Shop tour of the Narcissus project (Restoration Manager Ernie Eaton and Project Sponsor Phil Morse)
- 11AM: Fairview Carhouse Ribbon Cutting
- 11:45AM-1:30PM: Lunch served (hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, chips, beverages). Proceeds support the Nagasaki tram 134 restoration.
- 12:30PM-2PM: SOAC Cars Open for viewing (John Benoit & Meir Khitrenovich, Volunteers)
- 1PM-2PM: Seashore in the 1990s; a slide presentation by Jim Schantz, President & CEO
- 2PM: Presentations in the Exhibit Room by Katie Orlando, Executive Director and Jim Schantz, President & CEO
- New Direction Strategic Plan Update
- Project Updates about the Maine Central Model Railroad building and South Boston 2.0
- 3PM: Transit in Australia at the Turn of the Century; a slide presentation by member Herb Pence about his 2000 trip to Australia.
- Visit the 0600s on Display (Phil Tsihlis, docent & co-Project Sponsor)
- Library Committee Book Sale, Visitors Center Exhibit Room
- Take a Ride on the Pump Car! (John Petillo, Volunteer)
- Touch a Truck! Get a close look of Seashore’s work vehicle fleet.