- This event has passed.
2020 NEERHS Annual Meeting
July 25, 2020
New England Electric Railway Historical Society
Updated Call for Annual Meeting – Saturday, July 25, 2020
Out of an abundance of caution, notice is hereby given, pursuant to and following the spirit of Article IV, Sections 1, 2, & 3 of the NEERHS By-Laws, that the Annual Meeting of the Society has been rescheduled. The Annual Meeting will now convene Saturday, July 25, 2020, at 11:00 AM virtually using the Zoom platform, for the purpose of electing trustees by ballot and voting on any other business which may be brought before the meeting. The Board of Trustees will meet following adjournment of the Annual Meeting and will elect officers for the coming year.
By order of the Trustees
David Johnson, Clerk of Corporation
Zoom 2020 NEERHS Annual Meeting Day Schedule as of 6/1/2020
9:00AM Zoom Meeting Room Opens
9:30AM-10:30AM Estate Planning Seminar, Barbara Schlichtman, Esq. of Perkins Thompson, P.A. Create a legacy that will extend beyond your lifetime and support NEERHS. Learn about the process and how to build charitable gifts into an estate plan.
11:00AM Business Meeting Called to Order
11:15AM-1:00PM Proxy Committee counts or finalizes votes for Trustees
11:15AM-12:30PM Administrative Officer & Department Reports
-30-Minute Break for Lunch-
1PM-1:45PM Bylaws Committee Roundtable
1:45PM Election Results Announced
2:00PM-2:30PM Meeting of the Board of Trustees: Electing and Appointing 2020 Officers
Instructions to join Zoom are below. Members can access the meeting via computer, tablet, smartphone, cell phone, or landline.
While the Museum has been using Zoom to conduct business for over three months, we recognize several members have never used Zoom before. To help members acclimate to Zoom, the Museum will hold two practice sessions on the two Saturdays leading up to the Annual Meeting from 9AM-9:45AM, for members to log in or call in and test things out.
Zoom Practice Sessions: Saturday, July 11th & Saturday, July 18th at 9AM-9:45AM: Zoom Practice Sessions for members unfamiliar with Zoom. Want to learn more about Zoom before the practice sessions? Search for helpful Zoom tutorial videos online.
Zoom Annual Meeting: Saturday, July 25th from 9AM-3PM: Annual Meeting. Log in or call in to the sessions that you would like to participate in; the schedule is above.
Join Zoom Practice Session/Annual Meeting by Computer/Smart Phone/Tablet
Join Zoom Practice Session/Annual Meeting by Cell Phone/Landline:
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York) Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdgTbwkICB
Meeting ID: 897 1194 2215
Tips for Using Zoom if you’re using your Computer/Smart Phone/Tablet:
- Unless your appearance or background is inappropriate or distracting, turn ON your video.
- Look at the camera. This takes a bit of getting used to since you want to look at the other participants faces, but try to look at the camera when you’re talking.
- Lights, camera, action! Position yourself so that most of the light is coming from in front of you (behind your monitor), instead of behind you. If you have a window behind you, shut the blinds. Otherwise, you will be backlit.
- To learn about all of the controls in a Zoom meeting like muting/un-muting yourself, using the chat to ask a question and more, visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200941109-Attendee-controls-in-a-meeting
Meeting Etiquette for Everyone
- If you can, hold off on eating full meals during your meeting. Imagine how unappealing it would be to watch someone up close slurping a plate of spaghetti on a big screen. If you can, chow down when our meeting is over, or during a break. If you absolutely need to eat, turn off your camera and make sure you’re muted.
- Even though it’s tempting, try not to multitask too much during the meeting. And if you’re going to, at least mute yourself.
- You don’t have to be overly prepared for a meeting you’re not hosting, but try to be on time.
- Barking dogs, background voices and slamming doors are not just annoying in person, they are also annoying via Zoom! Find a quiet space to meet, shut the door, and mute yourself as necessary. Your microphone picks up more than you think.
While we are trying our hardest to work around all of the challenges COVID-19 has created, we know not all of our members will be able to participate in our virtual Annual Meeting this year. Members who are feeling excluded from our process are encouraged to reach out to our Executive Director or President & CEO to bridge your inability to participate, before the meeting takes place. Katie and Jim will connect with you 1:1 over the phone, and your concerns, suggestions, and feedback will be heard and presented to the full group on July 25th if needed/if it is desired. Members can reach out via email ([email protected] or [email protected]), phone (207-967-2800 x101), or by mailed letter to the Museum to make this request.
If you have any questions about this year’s process, please contact our Executive Director.