Seashore Trolley Museum seeks a part-time Museum Store Associate for our 83rd operating season. Hours are available starting April 4th; we are open for the general public on May 1st through Halloween and two weeks in December. The candidate’s start date can be flexible, but the ideal candidate will be able to begin by May 1st and work shifts on Sundays. Museum Store Associates are needed for hours between 9AM-5PM; weekday, weekend, full day and partial day shifts are available. The starting pay is $15/hour.
New England Electric Railway Historical Society’s Seashore Trolley Museum, located in Kennebunkport, Maine, pioneered the field of volunteer-sponsored rail preservation worldwide when it was founded in 1939. Guests and treated to rides on our heritage electric railway, aboard trolleys our talented volunteers and staff have restored to their original glory. Hundreds of transit artifacts are on display around our 350-acre campus.
We are a fun, high-energy nonprofit organization, striving to create the best experience we can for our members and guests. Museum Store Associates greet all guests, process ticket and merchandise sales, and maintain the cleanliness of the Visitors Center.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Answering questions and providing relevant information
- Offering and processing memberships or renewals for each guest
- Counting money in cash drawer at opening and/or closing accurately
- Opening, unpacking and pricing merchandise, stocking shelves and back stocking
- Completing general housekeeping/cleaning in the Visitors Center
- Working alongside volunteers assisting with trolley operations and special events
The Ideal Candidate Possesses the Following:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Great people skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a similar retail environment preferred, but if the candidate possesses great initiative with a desire to learn, we can teach you!
Museum Store Associate hours are flexible—applicants are encouraged to share availability/ideal work hours and start date in their application.
To apply, please send resume, 2-3 professional references, your availability and ideal schedule/start date to Katie Adams, Visitors Center Manager, at [email protected]. No phone calls or drop ins please.